Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Fawn Magic

Fawn and FredSomewhere in horse country in New Jersey, Fred and I found a wonderful car to replace our old tired car. It was with a bit of sadness that I stood over our own dear Buick that Fred's mother had passed on to us a few years ago.


So there I was outside the car mechanics shop, saying a prayer of goodbye. I raised my hands and blessed this sweet old vehicle, thanking her for such a good job of taking Fred and I wherever we needed to go. Then I told Fawn that she had also been a great traveling companion for Fred's mom and dad. I sensed a peace come over me and a kind of release before walking away. I touched her hood giving her my love and goodbye.


Now it's time to get ready for our new car that Fred discovered on a bike ride he took about 2 weeks ago. On his bike ride, he himself in front of an old Buick dealership. He saw in the window a few antique cars on the floor. But what had really made him stop was a car he spotted parked outside, a beautiful gleaming older Mercedes with a 'for sale' small sign pasted on the side window. Fred took time to get a better look at this beautiful car. Later on Fred told me he had thoughts like maybe this car owner would be interested in some kind of a trade.

A few years ago, Fred owned an older Mercedes similar to this one. It was also this type of Mercedes I drove by accident into our house in the Hamptons. Oops, feeling nervous as a new driver I stepped on the gas pedal, not the brake.

So after the last Mercedes that I totalled, I never dreamt of having another older car like this in my life again. A few days later, Fred took me to see the car and when I first saw the car, I could definitely understand why he was so drawn to it. I felt this was a beautiful and elegant car, so we took a test drive with her.

I was surprised that I felt such strong energy about the car. The owner spoke on the phone with Fred a few days later and had a good feeling they would work something out. Fred made the deal the following Saturday, and drove her back to our friends house. After driving the car for a few days, Fred said how whole and right the car felt.

A few days later, Fred was looking through the cars papers and noticed that Mercedes name for this champagne color was Fawn. Upon hearing this discovery, I said to him let's call her Fawn, it's the perfect name for her. Then, I remembered our friends address is on Deer Path, and by some coincidence we lived on Deer Ridge Trail in the Hamptons when we had the other Mercedes.

I remembered how very often we had deer sightings when we lived there. Our house was built right next to a deer path, that they often walked on. Now I flashed back to a few days ago when I was in the kitchen of our friends house looking out the window and the garden outside. Suddenly, I saw a large adult deer munching on the flowers in the garden just a few feet away from me. I looked out the window, I then spotted 2 baby deer coming close to their Mommy, and now all three are snacking on the flowers in the garden.

I called out to and now together in amazement, we watched the deer family having a wonderful time eating all the flowers. A few minutes later, Mommy deer walked away and to our surprise the baby deers stayed on chomping and chewing away.

I stood very still and quiet with Fred and watched, I've seen deer close to our home on Deer Ridge Trail. The two baby deers strolled away to stand in the shade of a small tree next to the garden. The two of these amazingly beautiful fawns were now standing about 10-12 feet away from our new Fawn car. Then, they walked closer to our car stopping to eat some grass and in time wandered away into the woods to join their Mommy.

Later in the day I shared with Fred that it felt to me that our car Fawn was being 'fawned' by these gentle and beautiful baby deer. Fred and I had stayed in the kitchen window watching our deers for at least an hour. I sensed we were receiving a Great Blessing by nature.

Before some landscape people came and the lawn mowers noise scared them off. I managed to take a few photos of the baby deer sitting on the ground and eating the leaves under the small tree.

I sit here with you and feel so close to you and my deer family and in touch with their gentleness and perfect beauty. For me the deer visit was a sign and a great blessing for us and our new family car friend 'Fawn'. I believe that Nature and God brought to Fred and I our car Fawn that has the energy of such great beauty.

I'll see you soon, Love and Light always
Katrina

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment